The California Public Employees’ Retirement System (CalPERS) disclosed 29 commitments to alternatives, totaling $5.488 billion, made in Q2 according to materials from the November Investment Committee meeting.
In private credit, $1.3 billion was committed to Ares Capital Europe VI.
In real assets, $150 million was allocated to DCP C Strategic Partners, $200 million to IFM Global Infrastructure, and $250 million to BIF V Co-Invest.
Within private equity:
- $300 million to BC CLP Investors
- $200 million to Genstar Capital Partners XI
- $200 million to Genstar XI Opportunities Fund I
- $100 million to Bear Coast Fund
- $150 million to CA1 SPV
- $150 million to Hg Saturn 3 A
- $132 million to Hg Genesis 10 A
- $53 million to Hg Mercury 4 A
- $17 million to Forbion Growth Opportunities Fund II Cooperateif U.A.
- $176 million to Forbion Ventures VI Cooperatief U.A.
- $22 million to BioGeneration Capital Fund V Cooperatief U.A.
- $300 million to Lux Capital VIII
- $411 million to Blackwell Capital Partners
- $68 million to SR One Capital Opportunities Fund I
- $150 million to AMZL, LP
- $300 million to Valor Equity Partners VI
- $254 million to CV Consortio Fund
- $150 million to Coalesce Capital Fund I
- $10 million to Coastal Pacific Partners
- $100 million to Coefficient Capital Apex Fund I
- $21 million to Mayfield XVII
- $14 million to Mayfield Select III
- $125 million to Bain Capital Insurance Fund
- $110 million to NM Pacific
- $75 million to TPG Life Sciences Innovations
As of September 30, 2023, the $450 billion pension fund has allocated 31.8% to private assets.
For more public pension insights and a comprehensive library of public plan minutes, we would love to offer you afree trialof Dakota Marketplace!