Customer Success Manager
Dakota is a fast growing, dynamic leader in the investment management industry. Dakota Marketplace is a data enrichment and content provider of qualified leads to investment managers. The platform helps solve the critical challenge for asset management sales professionals- knowing who the buyers are for their products. Dakota is looking to add to its dedicated team located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. We have a unique culture and we are passionate about our Core Values. We expect our team members to “live” by our core values in everything they do at Dakota and we will only consider hiring new team members that are willing to do the same.
Our Core Values are:
- Know Who to Call On
- Be a Master Messenger
- Have a KILLER Follow up System
- Focus on What Matters Most
- Walk the 8 Feet
- Don’t Go Cowboy
If these Core Values speak to you, then you will be a great fit with the Dakota team!
We are looking for a strong Customer Success Manager to organize and manage key accounts. In this customer-facing support role, you will balance tactical workload, present meaningful metrics as a demonstration of success to our existing account relationships and focus on retention efforts for existing clients as well as up-selling additional product features.
You will implement best practices, facilitate customer activity on our platform, provide training and actively seek potential problems to be resolved or escalated within the company. As a Customer Success Manager, you will cultivate exceptional experiences and sustained value for customers by acting as their trusted advisor and advocate.
The ideal candidate is metrics-driven and has a passion for ensuring a positive customer experience. You thrive in a rapidly evolving and scaling environment. We are looking for proven success in managing accounts and relationships.
We are looking for a candidate that is passionate about helping our customers, a candidate to join the Dakota team who will live Dakota’s core values and exhibits the following qualities:
- A Team Player – loves being part of a team and working collaboratively
- Wants to be in an environment that is innovative, fast-growing and sometimes intense
- Has a passion for their work and life
- Has goals for personal growth and career development at Dakota
- Excels at communicating in all avenues
- Proactively manage the success of a portfolio of assigned customers to deliver consistent value across the entire lifecycle
- Coordinate and deliver basic and advanced training sessions to ensure confidence with the platform
- Advise customers on best practices for utilizing the platform
- Resolve customer issues, alone and through collaboration with other team members; approach all situations with curiosity and creativity
- Build strong customer relationships by maintaining high levels of engagement and communication; conduct routine account reviews
- Drive customer advocacy in the form of references, referrals, case studies and analytics
- Perform data-driven reviews and analysis on customer portfolio to prioritize opportunity and risk; reliably renew and expand customer contracts
- Contribute towards the development of a strong team environment by upholding high work standards
- Go the extra mile to ensure our customers are successful
- Develop comprehensive plans and process documents to be shared with other team members
- Able to manage multiple projects at once
- Track weekly and monthly data and analytics for projects owned.
- Able to view big picture to help membership department grow and develop
- Communicate and coordinate consistently with your team members
- 2-5 years of experience in a Customer Success role for a SAAS platform
- A verifiable track record of customer retention and growth through passionate customer service
- Unrivaled sense of autonomy, ownership, and dedication to helping customers realize their intended value
- Energetic and self-motivated; a team player who is also a proactive and creative problem solver
- Ability to manage multiple priorities while maintaining strict attention to details
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal; consistent diplomacy, tact, and poise when working through customer issues and escalations
- Working knowledge of CRM and customer retention systems
- Investment management industry experience preferred
- Undergraduate degree (BA/BS)